Architectural and Town Planning Technicians
Architectural and town planning technicians perform a variety of technical support functions to assist architects and planners with the design of buildings and the layout of urban and rural areas.
New workers start around £21,778. Normal pay is £29,711 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £44,274.
- Checks that completed work conforms to specifications.
- Issues development permits as authorised.
- Surveys land and property uses and prepares report for planning authority.
- Liaises with engineers and building contractors regarding technical construction problems and attends site meetings on behalf of architect.
- Prepares building plans, drawings and specifications for use by contractors.
- Investigates proposed design with regard to practicality, cost and use.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies