Ambulance Staff (Excluding Paramedics)
Ambulance staff transport sick, injured and convalescent persons and give first aid treatment in emergencies.
New workers start around £19,773. Normal pay is £25,197 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £35,949.
- Replenishes medical supplies in ambulance as necessary.
- Cleans and disinfects ambulance after use and carries out routine care of ambulance equipment.
- Ascertains nature of injuries and provides first aid treatment.
- Drives ambulance or accompanies driver to transport patients to hospitals or other treatment centres and homes.
- Helps patients into and out of ambulance.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Reading Comprehension
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
This degree is an ideal progression route if you've already studied Health and Social Care at Level 5 and want to expand your knowledge of psychology, collaboration and leadership in the health sector.
Length: 1 year
Start date: 9th September 2024
Location: Rye Hill Campus