As one of only ten Centres of Excellence for teacher training in the country, we can provide you with unrivalled experience within the post-compulsory education sector. Our mission is to transform the education sector with the next generation of inspirational educators.
We offer a range of full-time and part-time courses for people who are passionate about beginning a career in education. We offer introductory courses alongside undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications for teachers. We also provide qualifications to teach English as a foreign language or work as a qualified invigilator. If you want to inspire the next generation, we want to hear from you.
Virtual Parents' Steppin' Up Information EventThursday 27th April 2023 4:00pm - 7:00pm Find out more
Take a closer look at our courses
What can I do with a qualification in Teaching?
Special needs education teaching professionals
- Discusses student.
- Updates and maintains students.
- Liaises with other professionals, such as social workers, speech and language therapists and educational psychologists.
- Supervises students in classroom and maintains discipline.
- Prepares, assigns and corrects exercises to record and evaluate students progress.
- Encourages the student to develop self-help skills to circumvent the limitations imposed by their disability.
- Develops and adapts conventional teaching methods to meet the individual student.
- Gives instruction, using techniques appropriate to the student.
- Assesses student.
- Creates a safe, stimulating and supportive learning environment for students.
Median Salary£43,982 View more
Authors, writers and translators
- Provides communication support for the hard of hearing or the visually impaired.
- Converts documents or spoken statements from original or source language into another language.
- Writes instruction manuals and user guides, technical reports, catalogues and indexes, prepares sales literature and writes technical articles for trade journals.
- Negotiates contracts with freelance agents and with buyer on behalf of writer.
- Selects material for publication, checks style, grammar and accuracy of content, arranges for any necessary revisions and checks proof copies before printing.
- Generates and develops creative ideas for literary material.
- Determines subject matter and researches as necessary by interviewing, attending public events, seeking out records, observing etc..
Median Salary£31,912 View more
Educational support assistants
- Provides feedback to teachers and completes and maintains records.
- Attends to child.
- Helps and encourages child to communicate.
- Implements care programmes, as appropriate.
- Identifies signs of distress and offers reassurance.
- Helps child understand instruction through a variety of means and encourages self-confidence and independence.
- Supports schoolwork under teacher.
Median Salary£20,536 View more
Further Education Teaching Professionals
- Liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
- Assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables.
- Arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students.
- Prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments.
- Prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials.
Median Salary£42,348 View more
Education Advisers and School Inspectors
- Prepares reports on schools concerning teaching standards, educational standards being achieved, the spiritual, moral and social development of pupils, resource management etc.
- Observes teaching, assesses learning level and discusses any apparent faults with teachers, heads of department and head teachers.
- Arranges for the provision of school medical and meals services.
- Verifies that school buildings are adequately maintained.
- Appoints and controls teaching staff.
- Plans and advises on the provision of special schools for children with physical or learning disabilities.
- Advises on all aspects of education and ensures that all statutory educational requirements are being met.
Median Salary£40,125 View more
Teaching and Other Educational Professionals n.e.c.
- Teaches English as a foreign language and assists in the tuition of foreign languages.
- Provides private academic, vocational and other instruction to individuals or groups.
- Co-ordinates the activities of private music and dancing schools, training centres and similar establishments.
- Designs and implements methods of assessing the performance of students, co-ordinates and undertakes the evaluation of assessments and awards grades of merit based upon performance.