It is a practical assessment with a short online component, taken over 16hours 15 minutes in total. During this time candidates will undertake a series of timed tasks in specially equipped booths containing varied electrical installation systems. The exercises include installation, inspection and testing and fault-finding. All work must comply with the current IEE Wiring Regulations and be carried out in line with health & safety best practice.
The AM2 competence assessment is broken down into sections:
- A1 Safe Isolation and Risk Assessment (45 minutes)
- A Composite Installation (8.5 hours)
- B Inspection and Testing (3.5 hours)
- C Fault Diagnosis (2.5 hours)
- D Assessment of Applied Knowledge (1 hour)
The following schedule outlines the fees for the AM2 assessment:
Full assessment - first attempt: £655
- Re-sit of Section A: £350
- Re-sit of Section A1: £100
- Re-sit of Section B: £160
- Re-sit of Section C: £100
- Re-sit of Section C1: £100
- Re-sit of Section D: £100
- Re-sit of entire assessment: £655
When can I book in for an assessment?
Our AM2 assessments are flexible, there are multiple start dates every week, please call the centre on 0191 226 7575 to find out the next available start date.
The AM2 Centre is based at our Energy Academy in Wallsend, near to Segedunum Museum. The address is Hadrian Road, Wallsend, NE28 6HH, see our how to find us page. There is a car park on site.