Secondary Education Teaching Professionals
Secondary (and middle school deemed secondary) education teaching professionals plan, organise and provide instruction in one or more subjects, including physical education and diversionary activities, within a prescribed curriculum in a secondary or secondary/ middle school.
New workers start around £31,071. Normal pay is £49,465 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £71,098.
- Assists with or plans and develops curriculum and rota of teaching duties.
- Discusses progress with student, parents and/or other education professionals.
- Supervises teaching assistants and trainees.
- Undertakes pastoral duties.
- Supervises any practical work and maintains classroom discipline.
- Maintains records of students.
- Prepares students for external examinations and administers and invigilates these examinations.
- Prepares, assigns and corrects exercises and examinations to record and evaluate students.
- Prepares and delivers courses and lessons in accordance with curriculum requirements and teaches one or more subjects.
Skills employers are asking for
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
This Honours Degree in Education and Training has been designed to give you enhanced knowledge of the education sector, policy and a theoretical understanding of the links between theory and practice.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 12th September 2022
Location: Rye Hill Campus