Information technology and telecommunications professionals n.e.c.
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of tasks not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 213: Information Technology and Telecommunication Professionals.
New workers start around £25,343. Normal pay is £42,266 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £68,413.
- Deals with and reports on breaches in security.
- Examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity and draws up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised.
- Makes recommendations concerning software/system quality.
- Develops quality standards and validation techniques.
- Develops, implements and documents test plans for IT software, systems and computer games.
- Undertakes the testing of software, systems or computer games for errors, identifies source of problems and proposes solutions.