Childminders and related occupations
Childminders and related occupations provide day-to-day care of children within a domestic setting, and supervise and participate in their play, educational and other activities.
New workers start around £16,876. Normal pay is £20,305 per year. Highly experienced workers can earn up to £28,147.
- Complies with regulations set by OFSTED and their inspection requirements.
- Maintains appropriate records of children.
- Takes older children to and from school.
- Takes children to participate in play groups or on appropriate outings.
- Provides, supervises and participates in children.
- Mends, washes and irons children.
- Plans, prepares and serves children.
- Changes babies.
- Assists children to wash and dress.
Skills employers are asking for
- Active Listening
- Reading Comprehension
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
- Active Learning
This degree in Children and Young People will open up a range of career opportunities within schools, early years environments, youth work, outreach and working with SEN children.
Length: 2 years
Start date: 11th September 2023
Location: Rye Hill Campus