Our digital arts courses are delivered in our purpose built Mandela Building and our Performance Academy, recognised by the Royal Institute of British Architects. We’ve invested heavily in our facilities to ensure you have a first-class learning experience. As a digital arts student you’ll have access to:
- the largest industry standard photographic studio in the North East including tethered capture and darkrooms.
- TV studio with 4k cameras, production control gallery and MAC editing suite. five MAC suites with the latest software.
- industry standard PC games suite.
- screen print studios with traditional and digital printing.
- animation, games and visual FX workshop with rendering farm and green screen facilities.
Study with us and you could:
- undertake exciting work placements with organisations such as Different, Keltie Cochrane, Mark Taylor Photography and Saatchi and Saatchi.
- participate in live briefs set by industry that provide valuable opportunities for work experience. Previous students have worked on projects for
Cravens, Status Digital and The Entrepreneurs’ Forum.
- meet prospective employers and make valuable contacts.
- benefit from industry expertise through our guest speaker lectures from companies such as Drummond Central and Cool Blue.
- go on to secure employment within the digital arts industry. Previous students are now enjoying successful careers with organisations including Hedgehog Lab, Gospelware and Climb Creative.
- have the chance to exhibit your work at our end of year shows.