Automotive Maintenance and Repair - Level 3
Start Date: 4th September 2023
- Length 1 year
- Study Full-Time
- Location Automotive Academy
Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair
More about the course
Drive forward your career in the vehicle motor vehicle maintenance and repair sector of the Automotive Industry with this technical course. This course is perfect if you hold a Level 2 in Automotive and would like to progress.
Based in our specialist Automotive Academy, you will work on the latest Nissan and hybrid vehicles to gain key knowledge and skills required by motor vehicle employers, specialising in multiple repair and diagnostic areas.
You will also have the opportunity to experience the real workplace environment with past students working with the likes of NE Youth.
This course meets the specifications of City and Guilds, ensuring you will be qualified to work as a Vehicle Technician.
Get in touch
What can I do with a qualification in Automotive
Vehicle technicians, mechanics and electricians
- Repairs and services air conditioning, heating and engine-cooling systems.
- Installs additional electrical amenities such as radio/CD players, aerials.
- Checks condition of electrical/electronic systems and carries out servicing tasks.
- Diagnoses faults in electrical/electronic circuitry, removes faulty components and fits replacements.
- Carries out routine maintenance checks on oil and air filters, brakes and other vehicle parts/systems.
- Reassembles, tests, adjusts and tunes the appropriate parts, systems or entire engine.
- Removes, dismantles, repairs and replaces defective parts and prepares new parts using appropriate tools.
- Visually checks, test drives or uses test equipment to diagnose engine and mechanical faults.
Median Salary£25,953 View more
Vehicle body builders and repairers
- Positions, secures and repairs external fittings including windows, doors, door handles, catches and roof attachments.
- Installs and repairs interior fittings including seats, seatbelts and fascia in cars, sinks and special features in caravans and mobile shops.
- Hammers out dents in bodywork, fills in small depressions or corroded areas in solder, plastic or other filler compound and replaces body panels using hand and power tools.
- Repairs damage to chassis and engine mountings using hydraulic rams, jacks and jigs.
- Selects, cuts, shapes and assembles materials to form parts of vehicle underframe, framework and body.
- Diagnoses job requirements or ascertains work specifications from drawings or instructions.
Median Salary£24,160 View more
Vehicle and Parts Salespersons and Advisers
- Orders new supplies, arranges storage and updates stock records.
- Organises delivery of parts and handles payment.
- Obtains parts from store or orders from suppliers.
- Receives orders for parts by phone, email or in person and checks availability on stock record.
- Updates stock record, orders new vehicles from manufacturer, buys in used cars.
- Carries out pre-delivery inspection and formal hand-over of vehicle to customer.
- Negotiates sale price including any ‘trade-in’ and extra accessories, works out finance arrangements and completes sales paperwork.
- Discusses customer.