Environmental Science Access to Higher Education
Start Date: 5th September 2022
More about the course
Have you got a statistical mind and a passion for the environment? Do you see yourself working in science and finding out how our world works? If you want to know more about our environment then the Access to HE Environmental Studies course is for you.
Studying with industry-experienced specialists, you'll learn all about Biology, Environmental Science, Statistical and Mathematical Methods to get to grips with a career in science.
Learning in specialist facilities, you'll use your statistical skills to find out more about our environment, getting you ready for the next step in your studies.
GCSEs at grade A-C or Grade 4 or above, including maths, English and science.
Level 2 Science will be considered in place of GCSE.
What will I achieve?
If you complete this course successfully you will receive an Ascentis Access to HE Diploma in Environmental Science.
What will I learn?
• Introduction to cell biology
• Macromolecules and key biological principles
• Aspects of human physiology
• Introduction to environmental science
• Ecological relationships between organisms
• Environmental damage and protection
Statistical and Mathematical Methods (SAMM)
• Introduction to numerical and algebrai methods
• Foundations in statistics
• Statistical skills and techniques
• CVs, mock interviews, UCAS and personal statements
• Time management and organisation skills
• Presentation skills and reflecting on own performance.
How is the course taught?
- Personal study
- Study Clinics
How am I assessed?
- Written assignments
- End-of-unit tests
Where can I progress?
This course will help to to progress onto a Level 4 course or degree programme.
If you are aged 16-18 when you begin your course you are likely to be eligible for free tuition. Detailed information can be found within the financial support section.
If you are aged 19+ the cost of the course will depend on your circumstances. Our support pages can help you determine your suitability.