Nursing and Midwifery Access To Higher Education
Start Date: 5th September 2022
More about the course
Thinking of starting a career in healthcare and not sure where to start? Do you like taking care of people and see an exciting career in nursing ahead? If you have a passion for health and care, this Access to HE Nursing and Midwifery course is for you.
On this nursing course you'll study some of the most important topics in healthcare, including Biology, Social Issues in Healthcare and Psychology. Learning from industry-experienced tutors, you'll get to grips with subjects such as mental health, human physiology and health and social care provision.
This Access to Nursing and Midwifery course will provide you with the perfect foundation to take your healthcare studies further.
Get in touch
What can I do with a qualification in Nursing and Midwifery?
- Produces works on commission basis for clients.
- Markets and sells finished work directly to customers.
- Liaises with writers and publishers to produce book illustrations.
- Uses artistic skills to restore damaged artworks.
- Approaches managers of galleries and exhibitions in order to get finished work displayed.
- Builds up composition into finished work by carving, sculpting, etching, painting, engraving, drawing, etc..
- Prepares sketches, scale drawings or colour schemes.
- Selects appropriate materials, medium and method.
- Onceives and develops ideas and ways of working for artistic composition.
Median Salary£26,452 View more
- Produces or oversees creation of the final product.
- Liaises with other parts of the production team to ensure graphic design fits with other elements, processes and timescales.
- Prepares specification and instructions for realisation of the project.
- Prepares sketches, scale drawings, models, colour schemes and other mock-ups to show clients and discusses any required alterations.
- Undertakes research into project, considers previous related projects and compares costs of using different processes.
- Liaises with client to clarify aims of project brief, discusses media, software and technology to be used, establishes timetable for project and defines budgetary constraints.
Median Salary£28,115 View more
Photographers, Audio-visual and Broadcasting Equipment Operators
- Operates sound mixing and dubbing equipment to obtain desired mix, level and balance of sound.
- Manages health and safety issues.
- Operates equipment to record, edit and play back films and television programmes.
- Checks operation and positioning of projectors, vision and sound recording equipment, and mixing and dubbing equipment.
- Controls transmission, broadcasting and satellite systems for television and radio programmes, identifies and solves related technical problems.
- Takes, records and manipulates digital images and digital video footage.
- Photographs subject or follows action by moving camera.
- Operates scanning equipment to transfer image to computer and manipulates image to achieve the desired effect.
- Inserts lenses and adjusts aperture and speed settings as necessary.
- Arranges subject, lighting, camera equipment and any microphones.
Median Salary£29,069 View more
Barristers and Judges
- Conducts trials according to rules of procedure, announces the verdict and passes sentence and/or awards costs and damages.
- Hears, reads and evaluates evidence, and instructs or advises the jury on points of law or procedure.
- Drafts pleadings and questions in preparation for court cases, appears in court to present evidence to the judge and jury, cross examines witnesses and sums up why the court should decide in their client.
- Advises client on the basis of legal knowledge, research and past precedent as to whether to proceed with legal action.
- Becomes acquainted with the facts of a case through reading statements, law reports, and consulting with clients or other professionals.
Median Salary£38,996 View more
- Represents clients in court.
- Scrutinises statements, reports and legal documents relevant to the case being undertaken and prepares papers for court.
- Instructs counsel in higher and lower courts and pleads cases in lower courts as appropriate.
- Undertakes legal business on behalf of client in areas of business law, criminal law, probate, conveyancing and litigation, and acts as trustee or executor if required.
- Draws up contracts, leases, wills and other legal documents.
Median Salary£54,658 View more
Legal Professionals n.e.c.
- Represents public and private organisations in court as necessary.
- Advises employers, local and national government and other organisations on aspects of law and legislative implications of decisions made.
- Drafts and negotiates contracts on behalf of employers.
- Provides legal advice to individuals within Citizens Advice, Law Centres and other such establishments.
- Co-ordinates the activities of magistrates courts and advises magistrates on law and legal procedure.
Median Salary£81,050 View more
Legal Associate Professionals
- Assists in all aspects of property conveyancing and probate and common law practice.
- Attends court to assist barristers and solicitors in the presentation of a case.
- Interviews and advises clients, undertakes preparatory work for court cases.
- Collates information, drafts briefs and other documents.
- Runs chambers on behalf of principals, develops the practice, manages the flow of work, decides which cases to accept, arranges appropriate fees and prepares financial records.
Median Salary£30,462 View more
- Sorts and files correspondence and carries out general clerical work.
- Delivers and collects documents.
- Attends meetings and keeps records of proceedings.
- Answers enquiries and directs clients to appropriate experts.
- Maintains court and clients.
- Types letters and legal documents such as wills and contracts.
Median Salary£25,488 View more
Glass and Ceramics Makers, Decorators and Finishers
- Applies decorative designs and finishes to glassware, optical glass and ceramic goods by grinding, smoothing, polishing, cutting, etching, dipping, painting or transferring patterns or labels.
- Cuts and joins unfired stoneware pipes to form junctions and gullies, moulds sealing bands on clay pipes, prepares and joins porcelain or earthenware components and assists crucible makers and stone workers with their tasks.
- Throws, casts and presses clay by hand or machine to form pottery, stoneware or refractory goods such as bricks, crucibles, ornaments, sanitary furnishings, saggars, cups, saucers, plates and roofing tiles.
- Makes models and moulds from moulding clay and plaster for use in the making and casting of pottery and other ceramic goods.
- Makes artificial eyes, laminated glass sheets or blocks, glass fibre tissue, wool, filament and matting, marks optical lenses and assembles rimless spectacles.
- Uses hand tools and operates machinery to heat, bend, shape, press, drill and cut glass.