BA (Hons) Acting and Performance Practice
Start Date: 12th September 2022
More about the course
Tread the boards and prepare for a career in stage, TV or film by combining practical performance training with academic and creative study.
Whether you wish to perform, write or direct, this acting and performance practice degree will help build your knowledge, your technique and your contacts.
Perform at venues both on and off-campus and enjoy a range of workshops with organisations and industry professionals such as Northern Stage and Mark Hedges, resident Director of The Phantom of the Opera. You can join a classical acting group, take part in comedy nights and attend script labs to help develop your work.
Benefit from strong links and opportunities to gain placements at companies such as Northern Stage, Alphabetti Theatre, Live Theatre and The Royal Shakespeare Company.
Get In Touch
What can I do with a qualification in Performance?
Actors, Entertainers and Presenters
- Plays pre-recorded music at nightclubs, discotheques, and private functions.
- Conducts interviews and prepares reports for news broadcasts, current affairs programmes and documentaries.
- Introduces and presents radio and television programmes, reads news bulletins and makes announcements.
- Trains animals to perform entertaining routines and may perform with them.
- Performs singing, comedy, acrobatic, illusion and conjuring routines.
- Assumes character created by a playwright or author and communicates this to an audience.
- Studies script, play or book and prepares and rehearses interpretation.
Median Salary£33,513 View more
Dancers and Choreographers
- Demonstrates and directs dance moves, monitors and analyses technique and performance, and determines how improvements can be made.
- Participates in dance performance.
- Attends rehearsals to develop and practice dance routines for performance.
- Builds and maintains stamina, physical strength, agility and general health through fitness exercises and healthy eating.
Median Salary£33,148 View more
- Auditions and selects performers and rehearses and conducts them in the performance of the composition.
- Scores music for different combinations of voices and instruments to produce desired effect.
- Plays instrument as a soloist or as a member of a group or orchestra.
- Tunes instrument and studies and rehearses score.
- Conceives and writes original music.
Median Salary£38,203 View more
Scaffolders, Stagers and Riggers
- Forms rope slings, ladders, netting and other rigging and measures, cuts and repairs wire or fibre rope.
- Erects jib, derrick and similar hoisting equipment and installs ropes, pulleys and other lifting tackle.
- Lays and secures wooden planking to form working platforms and fixes guard rails, ladders, cradles and awnings as required.
- Examines scaffold tubing and couplings for defects and selects, fits and bolts scaffold tubes until scaffolding reaches required height.
- Examines drawings and specifications to determine job requirements.