Important Information on Campus Safety
Newcastle College has now reopened its doors to welcome new and returning students back onto campus. Principal Scott Bullock has a welcome message for everybody that you can read here.
We've been busy making extensive changes to our campus and to the way our teaching and learning works to help keep our campus a safe place to learn for everybody.
We're confident that we have taken all of the possible precautions that we can and we ask that as part of our community, our students play their part by reading all of the safety information provided and following the rules that we have put in place.
The key rules you will need to follow include:
- follow the one-way systems in place on campus
- wear a face covering on campus
- maintain a safe distance of at least 2 metres from others at all times, including outside
- wash and sanitise your hands regularly
- leave classroom set-ups as they are and do not move furniture, remove signs or close windows
- do not come onto campus if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19 (please see the FAQs below for advice on this)
- do not smoke on campus
Please read the information and FAQs on these pages as this includes everything you need to know as a new or returning student about changes to campus and some of the rules we'll be asking you to follow. We will be updating the information based on guidance from the government as and when we receive it.
If you have any specific questions or concerns about your course or learning, you should consult with your programme leader or course tutor.
The video below shows some of the changes you can expect to find on campus.