The FdEng Railway Engineering is a new qualification designed to equip you with the necessary knowledge and practical skills to provide technical solutions across the railway network and includes the following engineering disciplines:
• The railway (infrastructure)
• Track (including minor works)
• Overhead line, electrification, signalling, telecommunications
• Traction, rolling stock and rail systems.
You will develop an understanding of how the railway works as an integrated, complex system in order to take proactive actions and decisions to avoid railway asset, equipment, process and systems failures and will include involvement in aspects of:
• The construction, installation, renewal, enhancement and modification of the railway.
• Fault finding and diagnosis, maintenance and replacement of a range of complex systems and components.
• Ensuring assets are installed, enhanced, replaced, maintained, tested and inspected to specification maintaining required records and making recommendations for and delivery of system improvements.
The programme intends to develop independent and critical engineers who are able to apply their knowledge and practical skills in a range of rail engineering contexts to help progress your career as a technician or engineer in the rail industry.
This course runs on the following dates:
Start Date: September 2021. For further information, please call 0191 200 4000 or email email@example.com.
Duration: 2 Years
Venue: The Rail Academy, Gateshead