Our art and design courses are delivered in our purpose built Mandela Building where you'll have access to first-class facilities including:
- fully equipped design studios
- ceramics studio
- inspiring drawing, painting and sculpture studios
- a dedicated art and design library and resource area
- fully equipped wood and metal workshops with CNC and laser cutting facilities
- a first-class screen printing studio with fabric printing facilities.
Study with us and you could:
- undertake exciting work placements with national and international organisations including Tyne and Wear Museums and IKEA.
- work on live briefs to give you experience of real work projects.
- make valuable employer contacts.
- go on to secure employment within the industry. Previous graduates are now working in a diverse range of roles for companies such as Living North Magazine, Ryder Architecture, Raskl. Design Studio and Workshop and Herrington Gate Furniture to name a few.
- have the chance to exhibit your work at our end of year shows
We have close links with industry and work with a number of local, national and international organisations. Ryder Architecture is one of the region’s leading architectural firms. Following a work placement opportunity, one of our interior design students was successful in securing full-time employment with the organisation.